That's because my life has been a little crazy the past couple weeks. My beloved husband had to spend a week in Ontario training for his new job, so spending a week as a single parent occupied most of my waking hours! He returned on Sunday, when I greeted him enthusiastically and... promptly threw up. Flu.
I've spend the week recovering, but today both boys came down with it pretty bad. So this is sort of how my day went:
- Wake up. Do some laundry. Make smoothies for breakfast.
- Scrub diarrhea off the couch.
- Make biscuits for poor sick tummies.
- Scrub diarrhea off the carpet.
- Play soft music. Do laundry.
- Make lunch.
- Laundry. Work on supper prep.
- Make snacks for Awana (even though we most definitely weren't going!)
- Go to get Theo up from his nap - find him rolling in vomit.
- Theo pukes again: clean vomit off the rug.
- Try to work on supper. Call Cory to come home in desperation.
- Just as Cory walks in the door - Theo vomits on the floor.
- Clean vomit off floor and baby.
- Alternate making supper and cleaning vomit as Theo proceeds to puke numerous times.
- Put Theo back to bed, sit down for supper.
- Eli pukes all over the table.
- Baths. Clean vomit off floor/table/chairs.
- Cry because Cory has to leave for youth group.
- Get kids into bed. Don't brush their teeth because I am a terrible mother.
SOMEDAY... I will blog again.