Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Alas Wednesday

Today, Eli has been cranky. It's been a long day. I couldn't get him to take a nap this afternoon, finally we took him for a drive and that knocked him out. However, because of his crankiness, I totally forgot about the homeschoolers Remembrance Day event we were having over at the church, and when we pulled back into the driveway I saw everyone's car already over there. We were supposed to meet at 1:30, I looked down at the car clock and saw that it was 2:45, and, being overtired and rather hormonal, immediately burst into tears. What I DIDN'T realize, and Cory informed me a few minutes later when he too realized it, was that we hadn't changed the car clock yet, and I was only 15 minutes late. That turned into half an hour once I fed the baby and tried to pull myself together, but I got over to the church and had a really nice afternoon after all. Eli finally fell asleep, and I got to meet the lovely Alisha M, whom I had anticipated meeting for a long time because she has nine-month-old twin boys, Henry and (ironically) Eli. Her boys are adorable, as is her older little girl Ella. It's fun to see what my Eli will be like in just a few short months.

I got home to find that my wonderful husband had done the dishes and the laundry. What a wonderful man! I had to hurry to get supper together before Cory had to leave for work, so I just did these quick pan-fried pork chops (or close to them). They were good, but I think I oversalted them a bit. I re-fried some leftover mashed potatoes from Sunday lunch and boiled some broccoli. Dinner in 15 minutes, done and done. If I'd had more time, I would have made a mushroom sauce for the pork chops - pork and mushrooms are just made to go together - but that will have to wait until next time.

Cory is going back on day shift next week. It's funny, when he went on nights I consoled myself by remembering that it was only for three weeks, but now that it's almost over I'll really miss it, I like him being on the night shift! It makes doing things during the day so much easier, and I get to spend more time with him. Maybe it will open up again, who knows.

Eli Update: More and more smiles all the time, and yesterday we got a real, genuine bonafide giggle, shook his whole body. Adorable.

2 comments:

  1. Emily. I have followed you, I sure do miss reading your blogs, even though it was so very long ago. I'm glad things worked out in the end with your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Holly! It's been years since I've seen you, I'm glad you're reading my little blog. :)

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete