Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lent

I don't think I've ever actually (successfully) given something up for Lent before, so, in my 20th year of life, I concluded that it's time to start. I will not consume, for the 40 days of Lent, the following:

Junk Food - including chips of all sorts and varieties (including those danged wonderful multigrain Tostitos), candy, and chocolate.

Sweets - desserts. All desserts. And anything with a really high sugar content. I realize that's a bit objective, but I'm just going to try to avoid unhealthy sweets.

This gives me an excuse to try making those fat-free sugar-free granola cookies I've been dying to try! Oh, and the exception clause: can't forget. Cory's birthday is on Friday, so I've decided I'm allowed to eat any sweets connected with that event, like if someone makes him a cake or we go out to dinner or something. But other than that...!

1 comment:

  1. I give up the same thing every year. I give up "giving up".Brad

    ReplyDelete