Monday, March 22, 2010

Milestones.

Another post about my dear little boy. He has his first tooth! I was so excited, but Cory was a bit underwhelmed. He complained that you couldn't really see it, only feel it, so it didn't count.

But then I chased him around the house with the washcloth I had just used to wipe the baby's bum.

And then he saw things more my way.

Yesterday was lunch at Dallas C's house - 24 people! I had made dessert, two 9x13 chocolate cakes and 22 chocolate cupcakes, since we had actually been expecting closer to 30 people. I only brought one of the cakes and all the cupcakes, since I didn't really think we needed both, but Dallas's dear sweet mother, because it was his birthday on Saturday, had made - get this - a chocolate cake and chocolate cupcakes. So we had quite enough dessert. I think all the kids got at least two cupcakes and a piece of cake. And now at home Cory and I are working our way through the leftover cake. Yes, I know I gave up sweets for Lent, but this weekend was a bit of a write-off. Having to make dessert for a crowd when you're tired and emotional results in lots of tasting.

Tomorrow it's off to the doctor again for six month shots. Here's hoping they go as well as four month shots did, he barely even noticed those ones! I'm excited to see how much he's grown - I'm guessing he's around 16 pounds, maybe a little more, but we'll just have to see. He's a very average baby, been right around the 50th percentile his entire life. That would make sense, since I'm just a bit above average height and Cory's a bit below it.We're also going to head to Mom's group in town. It's been cancelled for weeks now, due to March Break and a sudden outbreak of chicken pox, but I'm told it's safe to venture out again! I don't know how old babies are supposed to be before it's safe for them to get chicken pox, but I'm thinking it would be best to avoid it until he's at least a year old.

Well, the master of the house is going to be home in half an hour or so... and I still have to scrub the toilets. Ah the life of a housewife. Wouldn't have it any other way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment