Monday, May 10, 2010

Impatient.

I've said it before I believe, but it needs to be reiterated: I am probably the most impatient person in the world, and I really need to stop wishing my life away.

I went on Old Navy.com today and started browsing the maternity clothes. They have some really nice stuff, really cute denim summer shorts and pretty tunic tops and maternity bathing suits and I just really would like to have a reason to buy them, but I don't. Because I'm not pregnant. But I'm reeeeally starting to wish I was.

Cory and I took the "whatever happens happens" approach to family planning about three months into our marriage. Two weeks later, I was pregnant. We continued with that approach after Eli was born, but here we are, eight months in, and I'm still not pregnant again. I'm getting impatient. I cannot IMAGINE what it must be like for women who really struggle with getting pregnant. People are beginning to ask "So, when can we expect another one!" and it's starting to bug me, so I can see how incredibly frustrating it would be if you were really trying to have a baby, and couldn't. I know that the entire reason I'm not pregnant yet is because I'm still nursing, and if I weaned him we'd probably have another one pronto, but I also know that nursing is best for him, and I should really keep going at least until he's a year old. Plus I'm lazy, don't want to wash bottles and mix and measure formula, and it's too expensive. Once he's a year he can just get a sippy cup with cow's milk.

I'm re-reading this post and wondering if it's a bit too personal for the WWW but blogger doesn't have privacy settings to make it so only I can read it soooo... up it goes.

In other news, we are the proud owners of a new laptop. Finally. You have no idea how nice it is to be able to stream video without the computer shutting off. Or surf the net without the computer shutting off. Or listen to audio without the computer shutting off. Or upload pictures without the computer shutting off. You get the idea. It's nice.

I hear a baby stirring, so I've got to conclude. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment