Friday, June 18, 2010

Of Pizza.

Cory told me I should write down this recipe before I forget it, because it is our new all-time favourite pizza EVER. People think Cory's forgetful, so they tell me important things that must be remembered, but truth be told I'm probably just as if not more forgetful than he is so in the end neither of us remember. It's pretty sad actually. I hope Eli remembers these things when he gets older, otherwise he's going to miss out on a lot of activities because his parents never remember when things are happening.
Ok ok: pizza. Here it is.
Starting with crust, I've been using PW's, from her cookbook. It's fantastic, super easy, and DELICIOUS. I have yet to try it whole wheat, but that's my next step. I'll let you know how that turns out.
I press the dough into a pizza pan, then brush it with olive oil. Snip some fresh basil from my windowsill, slice it up and sprinkle on top. Then I slice up a tomato really thinly and lay the slices over top. Follow with cooked crumbled bacon and crumbled feta. Then I grab a handful of fresh asparagus, snap into bite sized pieces, toss in a bowl with some more olive oil and spread on top. Fresh ground black pepper, then mozzarella over the whole thing. Cook at 450 for 10-15 minutes, and TA-DA!! Tomato Asparagus Pizza, best thing of all time EVER.
For some reason when there's diced tomato on a pizza, it grosses me right out, but when there's thin slices of tomato, my mouth waters. Can anyone explain this to me?

Enough about pizza. On to my other favourite topic: my son. He's going to be crawling soon. I mean SOON. He is sooooo close, he'll get the arms going, or the legs, he just needs to figure out coordinating them, and use his knees more. He can get around a little bit, it's just a very slow process. Faster on the kitchen floor than on the carpet, because he can slide easier. He likes that.

He's wonderful.

Spent this afternoon enjoying the beautiful sunshine working on the VBS Float for the parade tomorrow. Theme is "Kingdoms and Crowns," so we were making it look as much like a castle as possible. Turned out really cool, looking forward to seeing it tomorrow.

Cory's working all night again, so it's another lonely evening for me. The kitchen is beckoning me to come clean it. Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment