Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Waiting

Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage, wait for the LORD! ~ Psalm 27:14


I know it's silly, but I now feel like I'm overdue with Baby #2. I'm not at all, it's actually still 10 days before my EDD, but Eli was born by this point and I just so hoped that he would be too. I got into bed last night really kind of expecting to wake up in labour. Nope.

Lots of "practice contractions," but nothing really substantial. I have never wanted to be in severe pain so badly before. The really firm contractions actually started on Sunday. I had them all day Sunday, all day yesterday, all through the night last night... but no pain yet. Just firm, uncomfortable contractions. It could mean the baby will be here really soon... or it could mean nothing and he could take another week to arrive.

Still not sleeping that well, I woke up at 5:30 this morning when Cory's alarm went off and ended up just getting up. I think I would rather be getting up to nurse every couple hours as long as I was sleeping soundly in between those times!

Cory keeps reminding me - and I keep reminding myself - that God's timing is perfect. He knows exactly when this baby needs to arrive, when he's done developing and when I need him. I'm trying very hard to treasure this last little time I have with just me and Eli at home. We're reading lots of books together and trying to have fun. He loves wrestling but I'm not really up for that at this point.

I have so much to be thankful for though. The end of this pregnancy has been so much better than last time. Being huge in the summer is really difficult, as I was so, so swollen with fluid when pregnant with Eli. Also the hip pain - near the end of my pregnancy with Eli my left hip kind of gave out, and I ended up walking with a cane for the last week before he was born, and a week or so after he came too. I couldn't walk and carry the baby, someone had to bring him to me whenever I needed to nurse him. That was hard. God's spared me that happening this time, my hips - although loose and making weird clicking sounds - are not painful like last time.

And now I wait. Anticipate. Maybe go for a long walk...

No comments:

Post a Comment