Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thinner Thursday

Weighed myself this weekend while I was at my parent's house and... I'm down 4lbs! Very exciting. I'd like to get a digital scale for home though so that I can keep more accurate track of my progress. I find our scale very difficult to read, and it's not very accurate either (always says you're heavier than you actually are!).

Theo on the other hand is UP 4lbs, my chunky little boy weighs in at well over 13lbs now. Eli was only 10lbs at the same age. I'm glad that he's growing well and nursing lots, it makes it easier to shed that weight.

Speaking of Theo, he turned six weeks old yesterday, meaning it's time to get back to more serious workouts. Not that my Beulah walks haven't been serious because trust me - in this heat especially they are - but last night I broke out the workout DVD's again. Eventually I would like to try Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, but for now I'm just starting out with Lindsay Brin's Bootcamp2. It's definitely not as hardcore (I've watched my Mom do Jillian Michaels and it looks TOUGH), but it's a good place to start. It's designed for postpartum moms, so takes into account things like restrengthening your pelvic floor, and being cautious about diastasis recti, which I have. It's an eight week program, so I think after I get through it I'll try out the 30 Day Shred. I might give myself more than 30 days to do it in though, we'll see.

At any rate, last night it was Bootcamp2, and I made it through fine, though I can still feel a bit of looseness in my hips when lying on my back. It's worlds better than a few weeks ago though, so soon enough I'm sure I'll be fine again. I'm going to try to do the DVD at least three times a week. We've got Waterski Camp the end of July so I'll be taking a short hiatus during that, but then back to work.

Oh, and one last thing to brag about - I've walked around Beulah every day this week. I'm trying to go earlier and earlier in the morning to escape the heat, but it's still pretty steamy even at 8 or 9 in the morning. I timed myself today and it took me 50 minutes to go the whole way. Only a couple weeks ago it was over an hour, so I'm pleased with that. I know pushing just Eli before I got pregnant with Theo it took me 40 minutes, so considering the extra weight to push and lack of exercise I'm happy with my time for now. Looking forward to shortening it though!

And of course I couldn't leave you without a recipe! I don't usually buy sausage because it's expensive and usually contains fillers like corn starch (actually I like to make my own - I'll have to write out my recipe in a future post), but Superstore had it on sale this week so I bought a package and used it to make a sort of sausage and potato and vegetable bake.

I cut up and threw into a large bowl:
6-7 new potatoes
1 sweet potato
1 red bell pepper
1 small onion
3 cloves garlic
1 pkg. mushrooms (rinsed and left whole)

Drizzled it with olive oil, seasoned with sea salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash Herb & Garlic and Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy. Spread it on a foil lined baking sheet and baked at 350 degrees for about an hour. Since my sausage was pre-cooked I simply sliced up 5 links and added them to the baking sheet toward the end just to warm them up, but if you had raw sausage you would obviously add it sooner! Anyway it was very simple and yummy. I love meals that you can prep, throw into the oven and forget about until suppertime.

This post is linked up to Thinner Thursdays over at Mommy Miracles.

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome! I couldn't loose weight while breastfeeding until I made a conscious effort to a few months in (I think it was by the time I was starting Cam on cereals and stuff). Breastfeeding all the time just made me too hungry, and I was snacking all the time. So, I am so impressed with your weight loss. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness Laura I eat CONSTANTLY. I've always had a good appetite and breastfeeding just makes it bigger. I just try to watch quality of food, and don't worry so much about quantity as long as I'm not stuffing myself. I loooove food, as you probably had gathered from how much I post about it!

    ReplyDelete