Thursday, July 14, 2011

Yoga

My whole body hurts. I've been working SO HARD the past couple weeks, but I'm pleased to report that I've managed to shed another 4lbs. It's been a lot of work, but it's definitely worth it to see the weight dropping off. I've always had a pretty easy time losing weight - I lost 35lbs after Eli was born by doing nothing. But that took a lot longer. Working out is hard, but it's paying off and it's kind of addictive. I'm enjoying pushing myself and surprised at how much I can actually handle. Plus my energy levels have been fantastic.

So just to report: lots of walks around Beulah pushing the boys, a few walks out the back road but I've been trying to run short sections of that. I've never been much of a runner and frankly I'm not really that interested in running, I find it pretty boring and it is the only exercise on the planet that irritates my very mild asthma, but the walk itself isn't really enough of a workout for me anymore so I feel the need to push myself. Don't expect to see this girl running races anytime soon though, not really my style. I've done my Bootcamp DVD a few more times, and pulled out my yoga DVD. It's designed for first trimester pregnancy, but it still works and it's a nice gentle yoga routine. What is NOT nice and gentle is my newest addition to my workout collection - Bob Harper's Weight Loss Yoga. I did the first level last night and was sweating, shaking, and my left leg even gave out a couple times. It's an excellent workout - challenging, fun, and I love that it's real people demonstrating in the background. They're all former contestants on the Biggest Loser, and all at different fitness levels. It's kind of nice to actually be thinner and in better shape than some of the people demonstrating!

On the food front, now that my new blender is here I've been able to start drinking some smoothies again! Smoothies are great things for getting in multiple servings of fruit, veggies, greens, and all sorts of other good stuff. After my workout this evening I made one with raw milk, yogurt, cream, a raw egg, some flax oil, frozen blueberries and a bit of stevia to sweeten. YUM. I've never tried the egg before because in my head I thought it would be slimy or something, but actually it kind of foams up the smoothie and makes it taste even better. So incredibly good for you too! I also used my blender to make supper tonight. I made Borscht! I had never heard of it before until watching this video, and I knew I wanted to try it as soon as I saw it. It was delicious. I added a carrot and a stalk of celery to mine too, just to round it out, and topped with homemade sour cream and a drizzle of olive oil.


And that's my update for this week. I'm really enjoying the accountability of "Thinner Thursdays" - the thought of posting this blog every week is actually a good motivator to keep pushing myself!

Starting Weight: 150lbs
Current Weight: 142lbs
Lost: 8lbs
Still to go: 7lbs to Goal #1, 17lbs to Goal #2

This post is linked up to Thinner Thursday over at Mommy Miracles.

1 comment:

  1. Again - way to go on losing 4lbs. That's incredible! And you're doing so great at keeping yourself active! With two babies no less. I'm amazed!

    ReplyDelete