Monday, January 9, 2012

So Blessed

Yesterday we had 15 people over for lunch, not including us. This isn't an unusual occurrence, there's a group of us at church that take turns having everyone else over for lunch. This week was our turn to host again.

We had a wonderful afternoon of food and fellowship, but by the time everybody left I had a roaring headache. I looked around at the piles of dirty dishes and the chaos, and then told my husband that I had to lie down. He graciously told me to go ahead, he would watch the boys.

I woke up half an hour later with the headache slightly diminished. I stumbled out into the living room to find that my beloved had changed and fed the baby, cleaned up the dishes, loaded and run the dishwasher, and was currently wearing Theo in the Ergo while wiping down the table and counters.

I have the best husband in the world.


1 comment:

  1. Go hubby! Don't you just love it when your husband does something that makes you want to shout it from the rooftops?! This morning my husband found a way to drive me to an appointment that I was planning to walk to. Such a simple gesture just made me feel like he cares about my needs and reminded me why he is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete